
A month or so ago my dad and his best friend had a campout in his friend's hay field. It was really fun. They made a fire pit out of a horse trough and some brick. Don't worry, they had the fire department come out and check on it, there have been a lot of wildfires this year. They also made a path down to the river so people could go swim or sunbathe. I was too sick to camp in the cold but Jake and I went and hung out both days.

We took our dogs so they could run around like crazy banshees all day. My dad had a guy he knows come out and barbecue chicken and tri-tip, it smelled so good. They also had a live band on the second night. They played country music and a lot of people were out there swing dancing. One of my dad's friends who goes by Apple Pie brought her homemade apple pie liquor which was passed around the campfire the first night. I'm happy I got to go do one normal summer thing this year. It felt nice to be out. Plus, it was right when the blackberries were ripe so I got to pick and eat tons of yummy blackberries, they grow like weeds out here on the coast.
That sounds like a perfect summer outing. We want to build a fire pit with our friends but none of us have the yard for it. We'll live vicariously through you.
ReplyDeletewow, im so jealous! that sounds super awesome. i love when dogs run around like banshees, it is always hilarious!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
Sounds like a good time! i was glad to come back to cooler weather. Great for campfires and smores!! You can make blackberry cobblers with the wild blackberries! they're super easy to make! Hope you feel good enough to get out more before it gets too cold!
ReplyDeletewe're making chicken tonight, too! :-)
ReplyDelete