5.15.2012

Vintage Canning Lids.

IMG_1304

I asked Jake to get me canning lids in bulk for my birthday. I had even put them in my shopping cart on lehman's but just before I went to order them, my Auntie called and told me not to buy any canning lids because she had some she was going to give me. Little did I know how awesome they were going to be. Last summer she gave me 100 jars. I love knowing that someone else in my family once shared my love of canning. 

IMG_1309

IMG_1306

One box has 12 of these beautiful lids with matching white rings. I'm pretty sure I will end up keeping these forever instead of using them. Why don't they make pretty lids like this anymore? They should, they are a million times cooler than the boring silver colored lids.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, those awe so gorgeous! I wonder how old those things are, and I wonder if my grandma has any pretty ones.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're from the late 80s, so about 25 years old or so.

      Delete
  2. wow you scored those! i love the tops with the designs on them! i usually will grab those when at the thrift store. we use them for salad dressing and it makes a happier lunch seeing the pretty design :)
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pretty lids make ME wanna start canning stuff too!! You could dress up the silver lids with fabric like the jam jars too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)