5.14.2012
We're Home!
We made it home after a wonderful weekend spent with family. My aunties even managed to stop and get everyone some cha siu bao from their favorite restaurant/bakery. My family loves this bao, it's a family tradition and whenever I see a pink box, I don't think of cake, I think of bao. Cha siu bao is a Cantonese barbeque pork stuffed bun. My aunties managed to snag a box of veggie bao for me because they're awesome like that.
I got a major sunburn this weekend, which doesn't happen to me very often. My right arm and right side of my face are bright red. My nose has a blister on it which is just lovely. My dad has a giant aloe vera plant so I was able to put some aloe on it when we got home which helped with the sensation of my face being on fire. My birthday is next weekend so I have to get my driver's license renewed this week which means getting my picture taken. Here in Oregon they zoom so far in now that you don't even have a neck in your picture anymore, so I really hope this sunburn clears up a little bit before I have to go down to the dmv.
Jake, my brother, and I shared a motel room this weekend in a really sketchy motel. Since it was graduation weekend at the University, all of the hotels in town were sold out and we managed to get a room at the Motel 6. They jacked up the price to double what it normally is which wouldn't have been so bad if there were any sort of amenities at all but this place didn't even have a little tiny bottle of shampoo in the room. There wasn't kleenex either, just a bottle opener bolted to the counter by the sink. The walls were paper thin and people were yelling and screaming all night long. It might have been entertaining if I hadn't stayed up until 4 a.m. the previous night trying to finish up the present I made for my cousin. Oh well, at least tonight I get to sleep in my own bed and cuddle with our pups who missed us, I know this because they won't stop following us around the house. It's cute, but annoying.
Did you guys have a nice weekend?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hope your nose heals quickly
ReplyDeletei love pork buns!!!!!!!!!!! they are my favorite! i wish there was a place here that had them... there has got to be! it is my mission.
ReplyDeleteoh man, sorry about the burn, no body should feel like a lobster! keep putting that aloe on it. sometimes putting toothpaste can help too! i hope it heals soon!
xo,
cb
Apple cider vinegar is helpful as well, as long as you don't mind smelling like a salad :D
ReplyDeletei LOVE CHAR SIEW BAOS!! i bought some on our last trip to the Asian supermarket. Together with an entire roast duck. I am homesick for traditional chinese food!
ReplyDelete