2.28.2012

Giving Back.


We all should be doing something to give back to our communities, it's a lesson my mom has taught me consistently throughout my life by her own actions. She doesn't always have money to give, so she gives her time, her knowledge, her skills, and her enthusiasm. There is always something we can do to give back. Yesterday, amidst house walkthroughs, numerous errands, and last minute cleaning and packing, I donated blood. It only took about 45 minutes, in the past I've been able to accomplish it on my lunch break. To me, donating blood is relatively quick and painless and is an easy way to help save lives; every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood. And who knows, maybe you'll be as lucky as I was and have an elderly lady awkwardly touch your boob while trying to put a "be nice to me, I gave blood" sticker on your shirt.

If you're interested in donating blood, input your zip code on the Red Cross website to find a blood drive in your area.

5 comments:

  1. i have always wanted to do this but i an so scared of needles, yes i know coming from a girl covered in tattoos but so different. i should really pull all my courage together and just do it! you are so inspirational!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe I am loving this post, a good sentiment, and a little soft porn as well! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Nothing is better than giving the gift of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving blood is such a worthwhile cause.
    Everyone who can give blood, should give blood.

    My employer actually gives us paid time off to give blood which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!!!

    I usually give blood, but they won't let you when you're all knocked up.

    Here's my post on it- in case you're interested in the read:
    http://becomingsupermommy.blogspot.com/2011/05/whole-is-greater-than-sum-of-its-parts.html

    Yay blood donors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)