10.25.2011
Homemade Applesauce Tips.
This weekend I made a batch of homemade applesauce and I have a few tips I thought I'd share.
1. Use sweet apples, not sour, that way you won't need to add any additional sugar.
2. Use several different varieties of apples for a more complex flavor.
3. Find yourself an apple peeler/corer or a food mill. I don't own either and cutting and peeling apples by hand takes forever and ever and ever and ever.
4. Continually taste and adjust your applesauce until it tastes how you like it, don't just trust a recipe.
5. If it's too bland, try adding cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, or if it's needs a punch of acidity, lemon juice.
6. You can make mixed flavors of applesauce by adding other fruits, like strawberries or pears.
I rushed home from work to try to take a photo while there was still light outside but it was so cold I just clicked and ran back inside so I'll probably take a new (prettier) photo later. It was around 25 degrees this morning and it's time I take my peacoat collection in to be dry cleaned, one of my cats found them when we moved and decided they were a warm place to lay in.
Hope everyone is having an awesome Tuesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why girl, that looks plum good. Bring me a jar please.
ReplyDeletemaybe we will start with this one! my cousin LOVES homemade applesauce!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
Hey!You have an interesting blog,i liked it! And thanks for the reciepe,ıt's fresh apple season in my country and will try to prepare your reciepe. Also i'll be happy to be followed by you! xx
ReplyDeletehttp://olriccrafts.blogspot.com/
ooo i bet that is just delicious! pais would love some fresh homemade apple sauce! can you send us a jar? ; )
ReplyDeleteThose look delicious. I love apple sauce!
ReplyDeleteMmm. Makes me want to make some too! I like the idea of mixing flavors.
ReplyDelete-Sara-
I just found your blog and I love it.
ReplyDeleteThat apple sauce would have been delicious with the pork roast I made last night.