This is my new favorite dress that I own. It is incredibly comfortable and doesn't wrinkle very much. Plus, it's covered in giraffes. So awesome. I really love this outfit because I feel good in it. The fabric is slinky and not clingy so I don't get too warm like I tend to do in other dresses. I like the length, it's short but not too short. I've never really been one for showing off my legs and this is about as short as I like to go. It's not that I dislike my legs or anything, I just hate the way shorts feel all bunched up between my thighs so the only time I show my legs is when I wear a dress.
Dress: Hot Topic (who knew they carried something that doesn't look like a lollipop threw up on it?)
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: Ross
Earrings: Made by a dear friend
It also has pockets! Woo hoo! In my opinion, every dress should have pockets. I think it'd be cute with a thin belt but I don't have any. Maybe I'll make a crocheted belt...with tassel ties?
I love the back cutout. It's so fun and even when I'm wearing a cardi and nobody can see it, I still know it's there. It's like my sweet little secret.
Here is a closeup of the giraffes. I love the wooden look of the buttons too. They're not actually wooden though. I'm so happy to finally have a yellow cardigan. I purchased a mustard colored cardi a few years ago on the morning of my sister's wedding. It was getting kind of windy out so I told her she could wear my new cardi with her wedding dress as her wedding colors were yellow and grey. She never gave it back citing some rule about, "If you wear it on your wedding day, it is yours to keep forever." I never even got to wear the darn thing, not even once. This one is more canary yellow than mustard but I still like it.
I've linked up at The Pleated Poppy.




ooh! i love the back on this dress! plus giraffes are the cutest (second to the elephants of course!) i love their long eyelashes and doe-y eyes. and you've got the perfect giraffe-yellow cardi to go with it. *applause*
ReplyDeletedid i mention the title of this post is ingenious???!!!
I love the dress and all, but can we point out the adorableness of those shoes?! Whoa baby! Also, completely agree about POCKETS!
ReplyDeletei love that dress too and yes we have the same cardi! great minds :) you look so beautiful in that dark blue and i just love wearing contrast colors.
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
That is a really cute dress. I like the back cut out too. I really like dresses with pockets. I am so glad they are becoming more popular.
ReplyDeleteDamn straight. And it's still my favorite cardi. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute dress, but not only cute, functional!
ReplyDeleteYou, girl... have amazing legs.
ReplyDeleteAlso, super cute outfit!