8.17.2011

What I Love Wednesday: Kitchen Equipment.


When I cook and can, I rely on the most basic of kitchen utensils. I don't own a mixer, not even a hand mixer, I don't have a blender, I don't even have a potato masher. I do however have a mini rice cooker from college. It's easy to make do with whatever I have around. There are a few little things I've been lusting after though.

1. I would love a stick blender to aid in the canning of certain things, like applesauce.
2. I could really use a larger colander. As of now I have a very small plastic one, also from college.
3. I would love to have a food dehydrator. I could dry all sorts of orchard deliciousness to save for later.
4. Who doesn't love a new book full of recipes?

Are you lusting after anything new for your kitchen?

I'm linked up at lollipops.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, thinking about this kitchen stuff is making me hungry! ;)

    When the fiance & I did our registry, I wanted to keep it fairly simple...I registered for the things I thought we'd need, not necessarily the stand mixer that I've never used before. He did request a blender, though, so we can make smoothies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a stick blender too. It'd be great for soups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my stick blender! THat is practically all they have over here. It does so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want all of these things!!!!!!!! it would make my life easier and save a bit of room. the hand beater is really awesome although when making whipped cream it doesn't come out as nice but still yummy just not so fluffy.
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want one of those things that shrink wraps your food...or does something like it. It makes it air tight so it doesn't go bad as fast. Clearly I need to learn what they are called before I go try to find one with that description. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)