print by RetroModernArt
Although Thanksgiving has never really been a big deal to me because I don't eat meat and most of the fun is stuffing your face with meat, I still really enjoy it. I get to hang out with my family, whom I love dearly. Last year I made my first Thanksgiving feast at our own house because Jake and I were in Idaho at the time and couldn't get to any family. We had a friend over but ended up spending half the evening in the ER to find out Jake had bronchitis. The food turned out great but we never did sit down at the table and have our little feast. Instead, most of it went in the fridge and we had leftovers.
This year Jake is in Arizona at his sister's where his family usually celebrates Thanksgiving. I really wanted to go, I just love his niece and nephews, but I didn't feel quite up to the 12 day trip so instead I'm staying home with the pets. I'll be celebrating turkey day at both my mom's and then my dad's. My mom is one of those kind souls who always makes sure everyone she knows has a place to spend the holidays. It's fun to go to her Thanksgiving dinner because you never know who will be there and what interesting people you may meet.
I hope everyone has a lovely holiday.

Hoping Jake feels better and I hope you have a Happy Holiday!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a good one with your family too! I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but J's family does. For me, Thanksgiving means an opportunity to spend quality time with family.
ReplyDeleteTurkey day! Hope yours was fantastic! Honestly for me that day is really all about the sides. I dont grab a bunch of meat, i try to eat less meat and more veggies so i stuffed my face with stuffing and sweet potatoes! Yum!
ReplyDeleteXo,cb