5.27.2012

Savings Jar / Piggy Bank Alternative.

Jar for Savings

My Aunties gave me several boxes of their canning jars and in one of them was an old glass mayonnaise jar. While some glass jars that aren't regular mason style jars are safe to can with, the glass mayo jar just didn't seem like the right kind of glass to me so I decided to be safe and use it for a little craft project instead. Jake and I have change in little piles all over the house so I wanted to make one central place for the change to reside. I guess you could call it a little home for our pennies.

Savings_Jar

First I chose my background paper and rubbed the letters onto the card stock and then I added embellishments until it I felt it was properly bedazzled and called it a day.

Savings-Jar

The 12 inch paper didn't quite wrap all the way around the jar so I used a little piece of fabric to cover the gap.

Savings Jar

I even dug out some fabric tape that has been in my ribbon drawer for years and some flowers that my mom bought at least 6 years ago. It feels good using up old stuff that's just been sitting around all this time.

SavingsJar

I added some mini pom ribbon to the top. I love how the jar turned out but Jake said it's too girly. Of course it's girly, I don't keep a supply of manly ribbon and flowers on hand. Lastly, I got a little scrap of paper and wrote down some of the things we're saving for on it and popped it inside, in case we get the urge to spend our pennies, we'll be reminded of just exactly why we're saving them.

2 comments:

  1. it is so cute! i think everyone should have one of these jars! loose change can go a long way! i have a little owl and when it gets full i will bring it and with that money put it in another jar that i have that is just dollars! saving is fun and plus if you save enough you can treat yourselves to a really awesome treat!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a big mason jar collecting all of our loose change, but it's not nearly as pretty as this one! I'm going to have to step up my game now! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)