2.01.2012

What I Will Miss About Weiser.

{via}
I have 3 days of work left and then it's time to get packing. We'll be out of here soon and I can't wait. There are so many things I'm looking forward to regarding moving but I thought I'd take a moment to share what I'll miss.

* During certain seasons, the air smells of onions, either being harvested or processed and it smells so good.

* Weiser is surrounded by farmland and therefore I have access to fresh local produce for canning at incredible prices and it seems like they grow everything here!

* It truly is beautiful. It's beautiful where we're headed too, but has a completely different landscape.

* I love how small this town is and how friendly everyone is, or most of the people anyway.

* I can walk to the grocery store, the park, or the river from my house. The town is small enough that you don't need a vehicle at all.

* The National Old Time Fiddlers Contest is held here in the summer. The entire town is taken over by thousands of musicians and beautiful music fills the air.

* It seems like a lot of people in town enjoy gardening so in the spring and summer, there are flowers everywhere, and I do love flowers.

I will miss certain things about Weiser, but I'm so happy to be moving too!

4 comments:

  1. your *new* home sounds so wonderful, like perfect really. i think being able to walk almost everywhere is really important. this world relies on getting every where so fast, we all could benefit from slowing down. i want to live in a place like that, because i don't want to drive my car just to go 3 miles like everyone else here in the town i live in. makes me really said. and you know what you can tell because everyone where i live is overweight. so happy for you and can't wait to see more of this amazing town!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always smell an onion to remind you of Weiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a lovely place to live in, quiet and simple. But I wish you more exciting adventures ahead! May you be happy wherever you are! Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)