1.05.2012

In Progress Christmas Gifts.


This year I didn't quite get all my Christmas gifts finished in time. I'm going to go ahead and blame it on working 44 hours every week at my 20 hr/wk job. All my crocheting time magically disappeared. This is the blanket I've been working on for my mom. I took it with me and worked on it a bit while I was at her house, so she could see it and know that I got her something. Not that it would matter, she was just happy that we were all there. Plus, my little brother got her an ipad2 so I think he wins best gift of the year award. She literally jumped up and down when she opened it. It was hilarious.


My mom knew this was hers as soon as I took it out of my yarn bag because it's in "her colors". When I was a kid my mom worked at a bank and she was such a snappy dresser. She always looked so nice and often times wore red or black, they're her favorites. So I knew when I made her a blanket, it could be no other color. The pattern is really simple and goes fairly quickly. I can't wait to have some time to finish and send it to her.

Do you have any ongoing projects you're working on?

5 comments:

  1. how cute! i bet that blanket is so snuggly! i'm not working on any projects right now and its making me crazy! i have to come up with something to do! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never made anything that big, one day i would love to. i love the pattern and the yarn looks really soft and yummy. think of it this way, it is easy to buy someone a gift anyone can do that but making something from the heart is worth ten fold to the person you are gifting it too. my mom has said on a couple of occasions that if her house caught on fire she would run and grab my paintings.
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors remind me of the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland!

    and you've been tagged here!

    http://elephantislove.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-tagged-first-in-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! I like the color combination a lot and the pattern seems pretty difficult. It amazes me how quickly you whip these up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours will be extra special cause you made it yourself w/love and I will cherish it even more because of that! THANK YOU honey! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)