11.17.2011
Random Tidbits & Fall Leaves.
I just thought I'd give you a quick update as I'm exhausted and don't have the energy for a real post (as opposed to this pretend one).
We still don't have a fully functioning bathroom. Today will be day 7. I used to have daydreams about living on the prairie, Laura Ingalls style. I'm over it. I want to be able to flush my toilet and use my shower again. Not to mention, draining food in the yard and doing dishes outside is just awkward, especially when it's 20 degrees outside and you only have cold water. I think today will be the last day though. The hole was finally pronounced deep enough yesterday, about 12 feet, and pipes were set in place. It was too cold for the glue to dry on them though, so that had to wait for today I guess. I'm about out of clean clothes so I really hope it gets done today.
I worked on some really cute embroidery when I got home from work last night. I'll have to show it to you when I'm finished. I also found something new to try for crochet. I'm a little intimidated so I decided to put it off and do the embroidery first.
Lastly, my little brother is buying a house in Kentucky. Umm...what?! There isn't anything wrong with Kentucky (that I know of yet) it's just that Kentucky is not close to Oregon, at all. We're West Coasters, I dislike that he will be so far away from the rest of us. He obviously doesn't know the family rule, where we can't live any more than one state away from each other. Okay, so it's not an actual rule, but it should be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you go to visit him you will find that it is a great place, the south that is, I have only driven through Kentucky but this time of year, the scenery can be breath taking.
ReplyDeleteUm, what?? Glad to know I'm in the loop here!
ReplyDeletei hope your water gets turned back on today! you poor things! i couldn't imagine doing dishes in 20 degree weather! i like it camping but it is much warmer when we go. can't wait to see the embroidery! feel better soon!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
it should TOTALLY be a rule that you can only live one state away from each other. can we get a law passed about that? hope your water is back on soon!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are about to experience plumbing hell... Sorry that you have had so many days without ... that truly sucks.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are doing well... I haven't stopped by in a while... life has been hectic and I need to catch up on a few of my favorite blogs.
Jenn