9.02.2011

Weekly Wrap Up.

This was a busy week for me. I took a temporary job that I saw on craigslist. It only lasted for 4 or 5 days but my body was aching everyday when I got home. I was helping set up a new retail store in one of the spaces inside Wal-Mart that used to be an arcade. It's for a company that sells sports apparel, like NFL jerseys. If you know me at all, you know how awesome this was. I am a huge football fan and they had installed 2 flat screens that showed the NFL channel all day. It was like heaven.

Today I picked up another half bushel (24 lbs.) of pickling cucumbers. I'll be pickling cucumbers all weekend. Does anybody have any especially good recipes? I did dills last time so I was thinking of doing sweet cucumbers and bread and butters this time.

One of Jake's good friends is coming to visit from Utah. It was a last minute trip, he called to let us know he was coming when he was about 3 hours away so I did some quick picking up. Our living room is slightly disheveled as we pulled the mattress off the guest bed to sleep downstairs where the AC works better. It looks super classy, let me tell you what.

I've been re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series. I'm on book 6 now, sometimes I just want to jump in the book and live in Avonlea, but then I remember how much hard work it was just to eat and keep warm everyday. I'm glad that I can choose to bake my bread but if I don't feel up to the task, I can easily pick up a loaf and my family won't be hungry for the day.

Also, there is a Rock Band party happening in my living room right now and I have cheesy potatoes baking in the oven. Life is good.

Did anything notable happen in your life this week?

5 comments:

  1. I'm really curious about the pickles. I'm keen to make some myself, but have never made pickles before. Let us know how they turn out!

    Oh my goodness, I *love* the Anne of Green Gables books. I keep meaning to reread them all (I've read them all at least three times now) but haven't gotten around to it. Don't you just love Susan the cook at Ingleside?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you're a pretty much amazing hostess. I read all of the Anne of Green Gables books when I was longer and was (of course) madly in love with them.

    I got a raise this week, so that was nice. And a small bonus. But those were about the only nice things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week (and last week) were pretty life changing as we filed for bankruptcy and I finally got my medication for OCD and Jen got new medication as well, booyah!

    You DO sound like a fantastic hostess!!!

    And pickles... Mmmm, <3 pickles.

    Also: I have NEVER read Anne of Green Gables... :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love searching cragislist for odd sewing jobs, a great way to make a little cash :D i miss playing rock band, i need to get some of that action soon!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, can't say I'm a fan of pickled cucumbers, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)