| Do you like my bright green plate? I only use it for preparing or holding meat. |
Ingredients:
Jalapeños - I have a ton in my garden and people keep giving us more. I needed to use them up.
Cream Cheese
Bacon
Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ground Mustard, etc.
Toothpicks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise, remove the seeds.
Mix the cream cheese with any extra seasonings you'd like to use. I used garlic powder and mustard because that is what I had on hand.
Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese mixture.
Wrap bacon around jalapeño and stick a toothpick through it to hold bacon in place. It usually took about half a strip of bacon to reach around the pepper.
Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked. Be sure to use a cookie sheet that has sides as there will be lots of bacon grease sizzling in the pan. Save that bacon grease and use it to make dog biscuits.
I just have to add, GO JETS!! J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!
Ohhhh, this sounds SO GOOD!!! I love everything in this recipe. SO MUCH!!! And oh man, I wish people kept giving me Jalapeños !!! Haha.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could get into football, but the only sport I can even stand watching is bull riding or NASCAR!!! *sadface*
I love jalapenos and anything wrapped in bacon. Yum.
ReplyDeleteMmm, they look scrummylicious! :) And the green plate is very cool!
ReplyDeletelet's go Texans! those look good! having brisket tacos here :-)
ReplyDeletethat last post was me (megan at freedom three). i'm at my parents on my mom's laptop watching the texans kill the colts. she was signed in.
ReplyDeleteME TOO! i'm so psyched about FOOTBALL season!!!! but i have to say GO BEARS!! :) thanks for sharing the recipe! anything with cream cheese sounds good!
ReplyDeleteYum! Can you just move here and be my personal cook... you have some of the best recipes..
ReplyDeleteeverything is better with bacon and jalapeno poppers just got better! get your game on girl!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
These look great! We usually wrap bacon around shrimp, a jalapeno slice and mozza cheese. But this would be even better and spicier. Thanks for sharing. Love me some game time snacks!
ReplyDeleteThese look SO good! Yum, yum yum! And your last line about the Jets made me think of the song Benny and the Jets. :) Haha.
ReplyDelete