I've been infatuated with monograms lately. They're everywhere, go to Pinterest and do a quick search and you'll come up with lots and lots of photos. I wanted something a little less crisp & preppy, and a little more Laverne & Shirley. I grew up watching classic t.v. shows with my dad on TV Land and Laverne's monogrammed sweaters have always stuck with me. When I saw this
lovely apron pattern from Goodknits I knew it was the perfect thing for me to monogram.
 |
| I wanted the J to not be perfectly up and down but it's leaning more than I meant it to. Oops. |
First, I slowly made the apron. It's not difficult to make at all, I just worked on it here and there in between other projects. I made it exactly like the pattern except that I changed the belt part of it. I didn't like doing the herringbone stitch so I just did something else. I like the look of the herringbone stitch she used, I just didn't like doing the stitch. Once I finished the apron, I used a sharp darning needle to embroider the J. I used the chain stitch, as seen
here.
 |
| Being my first attempt, the J looks a little like a g but that's okay. |
I am absolutely smitten with this apron. I love the colors, I love the scallops (another obsession of mine), I love the monogram. The whole thing is just adorable.
I bought this skein the other day and I'm trying to decide what to make with it. I'm leaning toward either a scarf for autumn or buying more and making a retro 70s looking blanket.
Love it! I'm totally working on an apron right now! And I say go for a blanket. It would look perfect with that yarn! Although... the wool yarn can get a little pricy when making a blanket...
ReplyDelete:) how cute!! love the apron :)
ReplyDeleteand MAKE A SCARF!!! (I'm having a fit of scarf obsession right now :P and I can't wait for the weather to be cold enough to knit and actually wear some... but maybe it's just me...)
It looks like an upside down B.
ReplyDeletelove love the apron... perfect!
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea how much I love Laverne and Shirley! I always thought Laverne's shirts were the coolest, and tried to pull this off myself. Not as well, I might add. Your apron is really cute! I just found your blog through Lindsay (texagermanadian)'s blogroll, and its really fun. I'm a new follower :)
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Meri
http://merigoesround.com
the apron is so cute!!! that skein is beautiful, blanket blanket blanket!!!!!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
Cute!
ReplyDeletegreat post Jordan! lovely idea for an apron too :)
ReplyDeleteso cute! love the colors! and a 70s blanket sounds awesome:)
ReplyDeleteGreat job making that apron!
ReplyDelete-Hannah
That is so cute! I wish I was crafty.
ReplyDeletewow...that is beautiful! I love the colors and the vintage feel.....
ReplyDeletexoxo