My friend
Clair posted a photo of her newest work in progress tattoo which inspired me to share some ideas I have for my next tattoo. On my left arm I have a
portrait of Frida Kahlo that I love. Getting tattooed in a visible place was a difficult decision for me to make, one that I thought long and hard about for many years. In the end, I love it and have no regrets (knock on wood). I want to get a piece on my other arm in the same location. I want a gypsy girl but I'm having a little trouble deciding on black and white or colorful. I'm also having trouble deciding if I want it portrait style or not. Here are some examples I have been liking on pinterest. Keep in mind, none of these are exactly what I'm looking for but give me lots to think about.
I think this is my favorite but you know, with a face. I love her wavy hair and the big roses but I think I'd want them colored.
I like this too except for the creepy boobs. Actually, I think I just like her eyelashes and hair.
I love the colors used here but I don't like how her eyes look dead. If I don't get a face that looks like a real person I'd like something like this face, but with eyes that have a little life behind them.
I like the light shades of blue here. Perhaps something like this color for the roses on the skull gypsy's hair would be nice.
I love this photo and it's probably this that I'll end up showing my tattoo artist for inspiration.
I won't be getting this tattoo for awhile. I still need to think on exactly what I want my gypsy girl to look like.
I've been wanting a tattoo as well. I told myself that once I had my kids that I'd treat myself to one, but every time I think about making that appointment life comes at me and I push it back on to the back burner. Maybe someday.
ReplyDeleteI like the last one the best... and the photo is cool too. I think that with a gypsy tattoo going for the colorful would be the best. The beauty of the culture to me seems to be wrapped up in the richness of the palette. That is just my opinion, however, body art is truly an individual expression.
I love spending time and dreaming up my future tattoos :) I like the skull face and the last tatt pic. It's a cool idea.
ReplyDeleteoh yay! any of those would be beautiful! i love that style too! eek can't wait for you to decide on a piece!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
I've been wanting a tat for a while but can't settle on a design. I love these! Can't wait to see your final decision.
ReplyDeletei heart frida and i love that tattoo you got of her! i'm glad you're taking your time to think about the next one. i always believe it should be something you really want /believe in/ has meaning because it'll be there for life (more or less)
ReplyDeleteThe tattoo that was black and white with tints of blue was so pretty! That would look so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI have thought of getting the Cameron coat of arms tatooed on my arm but will never do it. The way I see it, I can want a tatoo for the rest of my life and not get one, but if I did get a tatoo then I might not want it for the rest of my life.
ReplyDeleteDoes that make sense?
ive been working for some time on a tattoo myself. I want a small tattoo on the top of my foot. I have been playing with a seahorse, but now Im not sure anymore.
ReplyDeleteOooh, I love the picture! And the gypsy girl tattoo sounds fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThat top one reminds me of Jose Guadalupe Posada's art. Fascinating as his art is, I'm glad you're going with one with a face! I really like the last one with the blue coloring and your inspiration photo is so pretty!
ReplyDelete