Today is our anniversary and we celebrated by going to a late lunch at the Gridiron. It's a cute little bar and grill that our landlords had given us a gift certificate to. The staff there was incredibly friendly and seemed genuinely happy that we were there.
They actually have some decent beers on tap. Most of the bars in the area only have Coors Light and Pabst. Not that there's anything wrong with PBR but I like my microbrews.
Jake got the finger steaks (of course) which are battered by hand at the restaurant, not frozen. He says they're definitely better than any of the others he's tried in town. The cook was really happy to hear that.
After lunch we walked around downtown. The cool thing about Weiser is that there are tons of old buildings that are so cool with cracked siding, broken bricks, missing windows, weeds growing everywhere. It's all very rustic and beautiful. Jake decided to be an amateur photographer and it was a really fun afternoon. I look like I'm scowling in all of these photos because I really need to buy some sunglasses. I could barely see half of the time. Really I wasn't being tortured though.
This building just continues going up, up, up.
Dress: Anthropologie
Necklace: handcrafted by me
Tights: Fred Meyer
Boots: Big R
I really need to get one of those belts you wear up high.
Maybe I could make one?
I linked up at The Pleated Poppy.


Your outfit is incredible! Love it.
ReplyDeletewhat a great way to celebrate! happy anniversary :D i love your dress oh so much and the necklace, well actually the entire outfit is super awesome! cheers to many more happy anniversaries and a life time of love <3
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
Happy Anniversary!! That dress of yours is so super cute! It's really unique! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary.. Love the pics and of course that awesome dress...
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary! and... yea, I like battered anything. ;)
ReplyDeletecool pics!
ReplyDeleteYou are just the cutest thing.
ReplyDeleteI also love microbrews. Unlike you cannot stand PBR OR Coors.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Beer, fried food and cute outfit is definitely a great way to celebrate. Love your style!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post! I love your necklace my dear!
ReplyDeleteThat dress. Oh mah gah! SQUEE!!
ReplyDeleteMy boys would die if I was so cool as to own an airplane dress!
I'm officially jealous--and I adore your blog name.
Win, win, win.
--Sara Sophia
http://lovesarasophia.com
You look super cute! Love the colored leggings! Happy anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!! What a lovely lunch date. :D I love old buildings, they have so much character!!! I can't tell you how often we pass one and I just want to stop the car and jump out for pictures. :P
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you guys had a great date! Nice dress, I actually love your tattoo, it seems really well drawn. :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! I know what you mean about always squinting in pictures. Jake always says the best light is some how always the light that makes me squint. Which doesn't makes sense. :) Love your outfit too!
ReplyDeleteAh! That place looks fun. Love my microbrews too :) Your whole outfit is fab but your handmade necklace is darling. Cute blog too. I'm following with gfc :)
ReplyDeleteCome say hi @ www.thesugarmountain.com
or follow me on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Sugar-Mountain/247163438629155?sk=info
XOXO