4.25.2011

The Joy of Gardening.

{via}
For Earth Day I started a garden. We have a small raised greenhouse in our backyard which was just calling to me saying, "Hey Jordan, come plant something in me, I'm so lonely out here." So of course I had to oblige. I planted carrots, radishes, green onions, squash and cucumbers. Tomorrow I'm planting another variety of carrot, lemon cucumbers, and hopefully some yellow wax beans.

If you're wanting to plant a garden it's not too late. There are tons of things you can still plant. If you don't have a lot of space, don't fret. Container gardens are becoming very popular for those who live in apartments and only have a tiny amount of balcony/porch space.

If you are looking for some great organic heirloom seeds look no further than Cubit's on etsy.

9 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I love gardens! And radishes, cucumbers and carrots are SO much better when they come from your own garden!

    I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

    Simply Katev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely beautiful!! I am not a fan of radishes, but anything that pretty I think I could enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO crazy! the hubs and i were just talking about how we want to start an inside garden and try to move it outside! i have no idea where to start! haha but hopefully we actually DO it! being vegan i eat so many veggies i would much rather grow them in my own backyard! hope you had a great easter friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting!!! i just dug up my planter that was not looking to great and i have plans for strawberries and mint! thanks for the heirloom seeds on etsy!, that should be fun to try too!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh veggies are the best. I just hope you have a better green thumb than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A) That picture is awesome.

    B) I will come be your garden gnome, yes? I will just hang out and occasionally pilfer your nommy veggies! =)

    C) Vegas is HARD to garden in at all, even container gardens. I had a decent tomato plant last year, but it has since died. Mostly, I can't keep things watered well enough outside due to the heat and inside they tend to not get enough sun.

    D) Thank you for the super sweet comment on my blog. <3 I responded over there as well, but wanted to make sure you saw the thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I love gardens, wish I had one but I live in a flat. Best of luck with your garden, I bloghopped here, hope you're having a great day!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the garden. Cukes are notorious wanderers. keep an eye on them.

    Funny, just planted ours today. Jalapenos (always the bumper crop) Green peppers, Toms, and broccoli. Waiting for the eggplant and green bean seeds to germ. Marigolds, marigolds, marigolds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay!! congrats on starting your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)