I just wanted to talk about how much I love my guild. Two coworkers and I started our own guild a few years ago. We were casual players and weren't into the super intense raiding scene but also were tired of getting tells like, "hey, join my guild ." I mean really, there are several guilds on my server with misspelled words in their name, not going to happen. Anyway, we made our own guild and as I had been playing a lot longer and had more WoW experience, I became guild leader. We invited a few of our irl friends and we soon had an awesome local guild. Our first guild "meeting" (meeting means drunk fest) had just enough of us show up to a dive bar/pizza joint to fill up one of those large half circle booths. We had such a great time. Subsequent meet ups featured me getting a lip piercing on a whim and a mini corn dog eating contest at a local bar, and lots of nerdy WoW conversations and discussions.
I love my guild because we ask each other questions, we share things; gear, information, mats - even when we could sell them in the AH for a lot of money. We give each other free power leveling run throughs all of the time and most of us have at least one refer-a-friend mount because that is how much we love to play with our irl friends. We may be a small guild that can barely get enough people to show up to down lvl 80 raid bosses (I think I've had a full raid group only once), but we kill them anyway, we don't mind wiping a couple times. I can't wait until we have enough lvl 85s that are geared enough to tackle heroics with me. It's lonely being the only one from my guild in a group.
We may not be the largest or most geared guild but we are great friends, we are helpful, and we have a lot of heart. I'm really proud of all of my guildies for their accomplishments and I can't wait until we get our next guild reward.
I mean really, how many guilds do you know of that plan a hot tub party where at least 6 or 7 people showed up in Azshara just to hang out in the hot tub and jump off the diving board? We're awesome!
I am jealous of your WoW experience.
ReplyDeleteI love WoW, but my relationship with it has become strained of late. I feel like I never learned how to play 'properly.' (I know, it's a game, I should play however I WANT to play.)
I've been playing for four years now. I spent at least 2.5 years of that playing VERY casually. Lots of questing, rolling alts, doing achievements (I still love achievements) and playing battlegrounds just for fun.
Now all of my WoW friends have good gear and do all kinds of dungeons and raids and there seem to be a lot of calculations and damage analysis and gear score ponderings.
I want to be one of them, but I'm just stuck in perpetual n00bdom. So many things I don't understand...and I HATE getting yelled at in game by strangers. My social anxiety seems to extend in-game as well.
My boyfriend and I have a guild, mostly for the bank space...but we're the only people in it.
/sigh...dramatic life. (I do have a lvl 85, I don't run heroics with her because I couldn't stand the criticism.)
That is all. Shoot, should have written my own post. Lol.
Your guild sounds awesome and lovely, by the way.
(Also, is there a longest comment award? ;-) )
ReplyDelete