9.10.2010

Again? Is that really necessary?

breakup card found here

So I have this friend who has recently reunited with his ex...for the fourth time. Now, this is not a tempestuous on and off again kind of thing with stormy fights and hot makeup sex. This is a slow, boring, would rather stab myself in the ears repeatedly with a dull object than have to listen to him talk about it anymore kind of thing. I mean really, 6 years, 4 breakups and 3 engagement rings later and this time it's "different." Does that mean you're not going to buy her another engagement ring this time? I mean, come on people, everyone knows you have a two breakup rule. You are allowed to break up and get back together once. If you breakup again, then it is the end. I'll listen to you be sad through two breakups. After that, shut your pie hole. Stop being an emotional cutter and move on. This is the saddest case of codependency I've ever seen. He can't function on his own and has no idea how the world works. The guy can't even balance a checkbook and when he made his budget for living on his own, part of his budget was "strip clubs." As for her, I've never met anyone with lower self esteem in my life. From now on I've decided to be super obnoxious every time he says anything about their relationship and do the "talk to the hand" thing people used to do in middle school. I hope he gets it quickly because I will annoy myself with that.  

2 comments:

  1. I also don't understand why people keep themselves in failing relationships, like the one you described. Maybe it's easier than being alone?

    On another note, I left you a challenge on my blog. I hope you can do it! http://thetsaritsasez.com/2010/09/seven-things-my-tattoos.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try. It'll probably be awhile though because I've never made a video on my computer before so I have some research to do and I am working long hours my last two weeks...go figure. But I will try.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)