
So today I had a huge zit on my forehead. I mean, freaking gigantic. It's like the size of a quarter. In all fairness, it could be a bug bite. Mosquitoes do bite people's faces sometimes. Anyway, I noticed it yesterday and then this morning but by the evening it was HUGE and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I have a swollen bump on my head and makeup wasn't about to be helpful so instead I took my 15 and walked down the mall and had some random lady cut me some bangs for $5. Good bye
mondo zit. I haven't had bangs since I was 12 so it's an adjustment. I just pin them up when nobody is around. My dance teacher is going to be pissed but it was an emergency. I'm so fucking vain.
My friend Simon has a theory that I spend too much time indoors and therefore am breaking out from lack of sunlight. He said, "Your face didn't look like that in high school, maybe you should stop hanging out in front of your computer all day." Jerk. He's right though, my skin has gone to shit since I entered my 20s. Anyway, does anyone know of any good skin care remedies? They have to be lazy people approved. I'm not spending all day on this shit, I'll live with the zits and continue to have creative hairstyles.

Now that I've got my zit covered I can play all the video games I want. Genius!
Cute! Thats a nice look for you.
ReplyDeleteThis first picture needs to be your profile pic!! Gosh you look good with bangs. :) Can't wait to see them in person this weekend. <3
ReplyDeleteSticking a little dab of toothpaste on a zit used to work for me. These days I use a sulfur clay mask overnight and it works wonders.
ReplyDeleteMy skin is also worse now than it was in high-school, wtf? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?
I know, seriously. Turns out it wasn't a zit at all. An entire half of my forehead was swollen. I'm pretty sure there were alien babies incubating in there and now they're likely eating my brain.
ReplyDeleteMight have to try this sulfur clay mask thing.
Two things. One: Love the Bangs. I want some. But I'm too lazy to pin them back or whatever, and I'm afraid I'll look like I did when mom used to cut them when I was 8. Not a good look.
ReplyDeleteTwo: my skin has always sucked. Worse so in my 20s. Then it miraculously cleared up (well, clear for me) like 6 months before the wedding last year. AMAZING! It could have been the universe telling me that it's happy I finally decided to believe in the institution of marriage. Or it could be that I switched to a new face wash. Hmmm?
Anywho, I use Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash. And that's it. No extra dabbing creams or astringents, etc, etc. Just that and a good light gel-based moisturizer when I need it. I used it twice a day for months (I'm really oily tho), then when it seemed like maybe it wasn't working so well anymore I switched to once a day and now either only wash once a day, or I'll wash with my homemade bar soaps the other time. Seems to still be working pretty well for me. Worth a shot!
Just take it easy on trying multiple things at once--I think that's part of what my issue used to be. Oh, and I also switched to bare minerals style makeup around the same time that I made the face wash switch. Could also be heavily attributable (sp?) to that as I stopped caking on creamy-style pore clogging crap. Oh, and I use a clean wash cloth to dry my face every time.
Good luck! xo