9.08.2009

(500) Days of Summer

I have been impatiently waiting since the release date of July 17th for this movie to come to my town. I saw the previews back in June and couldn't wait to see it. I'm not a big movie theater girl but I'm so glad I went, I'm completely enamored. It is an instant favorite, it helps that it stars Zooey Deschanel who is one of my girl crushes but even without her, it's amazing. It's interesting and unpredictable and random but at the same time somewhat linear. In the beginning the narrator informs you that it is not a love story, he's correct and incorrect at the same time. I would highly highly suggest going to see this. 

Also, the soundtrack rocks! I went home and immediately downloaded it from itunes. Two of my favorites on the soundtrack are Us by Regina Spektor and She's Got You High by Mumm-Ra. So good!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Loved it too. Tho it is one of those movies that leaves me feeling a little lifeless and numb...but I still loved it despite the slightly depressing (but not untrue to life) story. And, agreed, Zoey is one of my faves. Ever since the days of Almost Famous (top 5 for me) And I totally forgot that I meant to immediately go buy the soundtrack! Nice work. You can make a copy for my bday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! I totally forgot how FABULOUS Us is!!! I don't know if I can wait for the bday...damnit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)