I cast my ballot today decidedly more excited and hopeful than when I cast my ballot 4 years ago. Last time there was not a candidate I believed in, nobody to cheer for and to get excited about. Although I started this election year as a fervent Hillary supporter I am now excited about our future under the Presidency of Barack Obama. He was not my first choice but it's obvious to see that at this time he is the right choice for America. In the last week I've heard of 5 friends that have been laid off from work, our economy is in turmoil and we have doubts about our future. The hope that we seek is finally here. I spent hours upon hours working on my ballot. I treated it as though it were the most important school assignment I would ever have to finish. I know tomorrow night I will be up until the wee hours of dawn watching election coverage with a pot of macaroni and cheese in my lap; not only because it is one of my favorite past times but also because this election counts more than any other in recent history. This is the one that is going to return hope to Americans. This is the one that will restore our futures.
*Unless of course you all vote for McCain, then I'm disowning you and moving to Mexico.
This is by far your best post yet. Honest, moving, and the saving grace at the end making it quintessentially Jordan. Love it!
ReplyDelete