So, everyday I read the news on cnn's website. Today I read this article about how when Sarah Palin was governor of Wasilla, Alaska her town charged rape victims for rape kits. What the hell? I just about flipped out when I read that. These women have already been victimized and brutalized and then you're going to go ahead and charge them up to $1,000 for their rape kit. Seriously? What the hell? How can you justify that? It's already hard enough to prosecute and convict rapists and many rape victims are too scared to come forward and Wasilla was making their situation that much worse.
See article
here.
Henry, the forensic nurse, said charging victims "retraumatizes them."
"Asking them to pay for something law enforcement needs in order to investigate their case, it's almost like blaming them for getting sexually assaulted," she said.
I would swear Sarah Palin is the Anti-Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)