
Hello friends. I know we dwell all across the world but where I live, winter is upon us. Sometimes I look out and see the sun poking through the clouds and it doesn't quite feel like winter but when I see that the fields and roads are flooded, trees are down all over the county, and people are without power in outlying areas, I'm reminded that it truly is winter.
Preparing for winter is different for all of us, depending on where we live. For me, I like to make sure I have clean water, snacks, warm blankets, candles and flashlights. The power goes out here at least once per winter, usually a lot more frequently. Although the linemen work their butts off, sometimes power isn't restored for hours, or even days. It's important to be prepared for a few days with no power. Don't forget provisions for your pets as well!
Even if it seems you might be lucky enough to experience a mild winter, please be ready for that freak storm just in case. Here is a great site with some preparedness tips. I know it's a tired phrase but it's better to be safe than sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)