3.29.2012

Wood Carving.


There are two really popular things along the Oregon coast, wood carving and glass blowing. I've always thought the giant woodcarvings were really cool. Someday I'd like to own one of a peg legged pirate for my porch. How cool would that be? He has to have a parrot on his shoulder too, can't forget that.



These are just a couple examples that I found at the Oregon Coast Aquarium. I've never been to one but they have competitions where the carvers will carve with only a chainsaw and the best design wins. Obviously these weren't done with just a chainsaw, I mean, look at those details.


1 comment:

  1. i think i would like a large dinosaur for my succulent garden :D i would love to see this wood carving competition, it sounds awesome! another reason to come visit!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)