3.30.2012

More Views from Hwy. 101.


I've always loved this view of Florence, Oregon. I have a thing for buildings lined up on the water and marinas. They always make me feel like home. 


I love the vines growing on the tree trunk. 


If you're driving south on the coast, on your right will be the ocean, and on your left you will pass many many lakes. This particular lake is home to a few houseboats.



When I was a kid I always dreamed about living on a houseboat. I thought it would be really fun and awesome. Then I would imagine floating down a river and off a waterfall, not so awesome. I suppose that is why houseboats reside in lakes and not rivers.



This is one of my very favorite views. The forest looks like it could go on forever. When we lived in Utah I always complained about how ugly it was. Then we lived in Southern Idaho and anytime we drove out of Weiser, I always complained about how ugly it was. It feels so good to be home and not have to miss the trees and water anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. <3 Jen and I totally will consider Oregon when we live aboard our sailboat. Just gotta get said sailboat first!!!

    Also, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Utah's scenery when moving from IL. I actually think it's beautiful! The desert scenery is gorgeous, plus I love the flowers that bloom here, naturally. Plus, of course, the mountain view and the cotton candy skies. ♥ I do wonder how other places look, though.

    I love, love, love rain and we've considered a more rainy/overcast state. Or a tropical paradise, like Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man this looks like my kinda place! i want to be there right now! gosh you are making it real easy for me to pick up and be your neighbor!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos! i love the one with the deck. we have a lake here and everytime i drive past it i always wished i had the money to own a lake house. i can just imagine waking up to a waterfront view, how lovely that would be!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)