3.27.2012
Debris & Garbage.
I spy with my little eye, a bunch of people who have no regard for nature or the planet. This is just some of the garbage found on a local beach. Every year thousands of volunteers participate in beach cleanups on the coast. I have done many of them myself thanks to my mom's relentless volunteering. I can't begin to tell you of the nasty things I've found on the beach. I hate litterers. I find littering to be rude. It's rude to the earth, it's rude to the organisms that call that place home, and it's rude to the person who has to go behind you picking up your mess.
Now that you've had a chance to play I spy with the photos, this stuff was collected in only 2 hours. That's it, just 2. I've seen hundreds of people attack a beach for the good part of a day and fill up giant construction sized dumpsters with trash only to have to repeat the process every 6 months. I know we have fines for litterers but I think they should also have to do community service where they pick up trash off of the side of the road or the beach. Littering is not cool, guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I couldn't agree more! It makes me cringe to see the trash on the side of the road in some places, and to see people actually in the act of littering. I am actively trying to teach my son how abhorrent the habit of littering is.
ReplyDeleteI hate littering. People always try and toss their gum out of my car window when I'm driving and I freak out on them. It's disgusting.
Deleteit is so crazy how much people just don't care. i hate it. the beach we went to last weekend was beautiful and it shows that the people around it care too, not a single piece of garage, it was beautiful to see.
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
That is lovely that they care about their beach and take pride in how it looks. I wish more people were like that.
DeleteThis is a great idea. I hate litterers and I hate it when I challenge them to pick it up and they say 'Why should I'? Lazy, thoughtless bastards.
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how many arguments I've gotten into with litterers. It's like they have no concept of what it would be like if we were all idiots and threw our trash all over the place. Good thing some of us aren't complete dbags.
DeleteUgh, I can't stand litterbugs. People outside of my apartment are constantly littering in our garden, which is ludicrous as there's a trash can five feet away from it. People are frigging stupid, and lazy. Their idiocy affects all of us.
ReplyDeleteI'd be so angry if somebody threw trash in my garden. That's my food and your candy wrapper does not count as compost, jerk. I think lazy is a huge key to the litter. Which is pathetic and sad.
DeleteYuck! I hate littering too. It makes otherwise beautiful places ugly.
ReplyDeleteWow... I think people just don't realise. So many people have a laissez faire attitude to life because no one has taught them to stop and look at the consequences of their actions. I tweeted this post so that it reaches a few more people :)
ReplyDelete