We're back in Idaho, after a very very long drive yesterday. I don't want to sit in a car for at least a month. I work 3 days this week and then I have a 3 day weekend! I'm going to take full advantage of it and try out my Christmas presents. I got some pretty amazing gifts, but more on that another time.
In my hometown there is a botanical garden that is lit up with over 300,000 Christmas lights for the month of December. Every year my mom organizes a little group of family and friends to volunteer on Christmas night. I usually don't go because I used to work retail and Christmas was my only day off, which I used to catch up on sleep. This year Jake and I got to go and it was so much fun.
Since the garden overlooks the ocean, it's only fitting to have a ship.
I love how they bunched the yellow lights to look like flowers. All of it was done by hand.
That shadowy figure in front of the whale is Jake. It kind of gives you and idea of how large the whale installation is. The coolest part is that it's animated and you can watch him spout water.
I can't recall if these mushrooms were there when I was a child but I think they're too cute to pass up a photo.
A view from above.
i want to go there! it looks amazing! i wish there was a place like that here. my favorite thing about christmas is all the lights and checking out all the houses to see which is the craziest! glad you made it home safely!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
That is very cool, I totally approve.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome. I love Christmas lights. Wish we had something like that here
ReplyDeleteOh wow @.@ I love these shots!!! I adore Christmas lights... They're so magickal. Also, that ship... That ship is total <3!!!
ReplyDeleteI love these lights! I wish we had been in Oregon this Christmas because Rhett would have loved these! He would have walked around pointing saying "ish, ish, ish!" (That means fish. :))
ReplyDelete