10.31.2011

Glinda the Good.


Since I didn't dress up this year, I thought I would share again a photo of a costume I made a couple years ago. I was Glinda the Good Witch of the North from the Wizard of Oz. I dyed the bottom of one of my old prom dresses pink (you can't see it in the photo), made a wand from some wood in my dad's basement and a little sparkly shawl which took me 3 or so hours to hand stitch because I didn't have a sewing machine. The best part of the costume though was definitely the crown, which I made from a plastic trash can. I still have it at my dad's house but it's a little worse for wear.

I could've made the costume a lot better but it was short notice as my boss at the time had originally said that we didn't have to dress up that year and then later changed his mind. I hate when they do that. Anyway, I hope I get trick-or-treaters this year, I'm really excited to give out candy.

Hope you all have a great Halloween! 

7 comments:

  1. homemade costumes are the best and yours is really awesome! i love it and you look awesome in it! next year we are gonna dress up as characters from adventure time! can not wait!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the costume. I'm seeing Wicked tomorrow - can't wait!

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too cute, that's a great costume. The last time I dressed up was about 10 years ago and I was Brandon Lee as the Crow. Don't know if you know that movie or him but it's a great movie. His last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa!! the costume looks store bought! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! i wish i would have a had a party to go to and dress up for this year! oh wellsss once you have a baby all you care about is their costume! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing costume! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)