| kitties love cookies. |
I've started using this old pickle jar that Jake's mom left at our old house when she moved out. It doesn't have a lid though, or at least not one that I could find before we moved. It has a nice wide mouth for hands and cookies to easily find their way in, and out again. I love the jar but again, no lid.
I've been looking around the internet for cookie jars and most of them are ugly old things that remind me of something you'd find in a grandma's house. Not that there is anything wrong with grandmas, they're generally thought to be sweet old ladies, but since I'm not one, I'd rather skip buying their style of cookie jar.
This gnome is only $25. I can get behind a price like that. He is a little reminiscent of grandma's kitchen but at least he's not a pumpkin or cornucopia.
I love the colors of this gnome. He looks more modern than the other but his blank eyes are kind of creepy.
I've linked this owl before. He is so super cute and can be found at Anthro. I just can't justify $68 on a cookie jar.
These containers from Pottery Barn can be written on with a dry erase marker. While they're nice and clean looking, they aren't very interesting.
This jar is simple but kind of boring, although it is the most frugal at $17.
To be honest, I wanted an R2-D2 cookie jar, I wasn't sure if they even existed but I found out that they do, and they're collectors items that sell for around 1k. Umm yeah, not ever happening. Sad face.





I'm currently sporting a cupcake cookie jar, but I have to say I hardly ever use it. I feel like if I made cookies all the time, I'd begin to resemble an overweight homemaker, which is the opposite of awesome to me.
ReplyDeleteyour cat looks just like my old cat murphy! :-)
ReplyDeletei wish i were that lady that always had cookies in her cookie jar but i don't like having sweets in the house as i would eat them all, i have no restraint when it comes to sweets :) i have an owl cookie jar that i keep all my tea in and it works lovely!
ReplyDeletei hope you can get your sewing machine fixed, cause i know once you do you are gonna make a million amazing things!
xo,
cb
If I always had a jar full of cookies, I'd always have a belly full of cookies too. Doh!
ReplyDeleteaww man the anthro owl is too cute but yes $68 is madness.
ReplyDeletei think you should buy a plain ceramic/porcelain one and paint it yourself!!! maybe then u can paint R2D2 on it!