8.06.2011
Whole Fish.
Every time we go to Davis for a family reunion we end up going to a restaurant called Ding How. We sit in the back room at a bunch of big tables. My Auntie always goes through their menu in advance and chooses our menu for the evening. Then she calls it in so everything is ready when we arrive, we don't have to wait long and everyone gets a nice selection of delicious food. One thing she always orders is the whole fish. It comes out fried and with the eyeballs intact. The first time we went there and she ordered it I was freaked out and caught off guard by the giant plate of fish coming out toward us. Now it's a family tradition and the whole fish is quite popular.
Here is my little brother digging meat out of the fish skull. So glad I'm a vegetarian.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love fish esp raw sashimi! my dad taught me how to swallow the fish eye when i was a wee one. he said that the fish eye could look around my insides and i thought that was super funny so i ate it. :)
ReplyDeleteWow that is one scary looking fish!
ReplyDeleteWow I'm totally a fish person but that one truly looks scary don't know if I could eat it! lol **
ReplyDeleteYou're braver than I. I don't think I could probably eat in the face of that.... but I tend to get grossed out pretty easily and fish freak me out as a general rule.
ReplyDeletewish i had a fork so i could dig in too! i love eating whole fish like that! there is a place in mexico we like to go to that does the same thing, sooooo yummy!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb