I made these cute little slippers last week. I adapted this baby slipper pattern from goodknits.
I posted a picture of them on facebook and I had a couple people offer to buy them from me if I made them in Oregon Ducks or Oregon State Beavers colors. I think this weekend I might go pick up some green to go with the yellow and whip up a few pairs.
School started on Wednesday here. We live right across from the middle school so that's always fun. What is with kids this age? They're on their way to becoming pita high schoolers so right now they're just being little brats. They're working their way up to being full pita. The very first day of school our yard was full of trash, one of the kids opened the gate to our backyard, and we found marijuana hidden in our fence. It's not the worst place to stash your pot as you wait to pick it up after school, but it's not the most ingenious either.
At jam night last night the farmer guitar player brought more of his amazing corn (it has both yellow and white kernels) and he gave me a watermelon. He grows a giant garden so his friends and family can use it for canning and he said that we can come over when the tomatoes are ripe and pick as many as we want. He has over 300 tomato plants.
Speaking of fresh produce, I'm supposed to be picking up a 1/2 bushel (24 lbs.) of pickling cucumbers on Saturday. On Monday the orchard opens for u-pick peaches and nectarines. Our neighbor down the street also has grapes growing that he said we could have as long as I make his little 3 year old daughter some jelly. I think this will be a very busy canning week in my house.
I'm linked up at FTLOB.
Those are cute as can be!
ReplyDeleteThose are adorable!!! And urgh, what annoying kids. >:( I would be so upset if any of the above happened to me! I really don't understand, as growing up I never gave anyone a hard time. :/ I probably went out of my way to make other people happy.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Friday and YAY for yummy produce! Corn AND watermelon?! ♥
I'll pretend like when you said "Green with the yellow" you really meant "orange and black." :)
ReplyDeleteOSU!
-Sar
I am so impressed with your sewing skills love them!! Happy Friday stopping by FTLOB
ReplyDeleteI love what you said about comments above. Totally agree
Cute! I like them a lot.
ReplyDeleteCute!!! Link it up over here:
ReplyDeletehttp://imprintalish.blogspot.com/2011/08/frivolous-friday-2.html
Your blog is so sweet too!
Love those slippers! And I must just be the most naive person in the world, but I just find it so sad that middleschoolers are smoking pot...jeez. Ah, well...
ReplyDeleteStopping by and following from FTLOB. Love the name and look of your blog! I look forward to visiting again!
Surely they should be classed as socks.
ReplyDeleteThose slippers are so cute! They look really comfy too.
ReplyDeleteI am really jealous about all the fresh produce coming your way. Everything has pretty much dried up down here.
So cute! How much are you going to sell them for?
ReplyDeleteI'm envious of your fresh produce. I went to Wal*Mart today. (boo-hiss.)
I love the yellow and grey combo...they go so well together!!Nice job...!
ReplyDeleteyou are so amazing at knitting and i am so jealous. i mean i can crochet a awesome square but anything with curves scares me! i want to make a fantastic mr fox hat i saw on papersparrow, downloaded the instructions but i have NO clue how to read crocheting instructions, it is like gibberish! help!!
ReplyDeletexo,
cb
those are sooooo cuuute!
ReplyDelete