5.04.2011

What I Love Wednesday Numero 8.


This awesome Calligraphy Bed from Anthropologie goes for $2, 498. Jake used to weld in high school, both of my brothers know how to weld, one does it for a living, and my dad knows how to weld. One of them should be able to make me something similar, you'd think. I'm not going to hold my breath though, they're all busy doing other things. Jake says maybe this winter he might be able to do something if we get all the welding stuff.


I just got this in the mail yesterday and already have so many ideas on things I want to can this summer. It made me want to go out and buy a stack of other books in hopes that they're as full of awesomeness as this one. If you've never canned before, this book goes through the steps. She breaks everything down from traditional canning to freezer jam, drying fruit, making butters etc. The second half of the book is full of recipes that look and sound amazing.


I saw this tree top bench on terrain and it reminded me of the driftwood you'd find on the beach back home in Oregon. I want a giant stump for a coffee table or to turn into an ottoman. There is one in our neighbor's backyard and I'm pretty sure nobody lives in that house so I don't really know who to ask about whether or not I can have it.

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to start canning as well. I never have enough extra in my garden to make it worth it... but some day I'll buy some seasonal fruits or veggies when they are on super-sale at the local fruit stand and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bed is GORGEOUS! if they can replicate it that would be amazing! could they make me one too? ; ) i guess there's no linky party today eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we just go ahead and say any and everything from Anthropology?!?! Love that store. But you are right, this bedding is extra pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Bed! Now I need to start on my WILW for the week... hmmm. Well hope you're having an amazing day! Hugs!
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. anthropolgie has the best bedding...well they have the best everything! they have a great buyer! what a fun job that would be!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)