5.11.2011

I Have an Itch for a New Tattoo.

I kind of want to get a portrait on my arm of Katharine Hepburn. She's my favorite actress ever. I love that in a time of bombshells on the big screen she was beautiful but didn't compromise the fact that she was brilliant too. I love her quick wit and how she always looked so great in pants when everyone else was wearing a skirt. She was a strong woman and that is something I can really admire.

I have quite a few tattoos and I've posted some of them before as I got them but not all in one post. I'm still not going to post all of them, just the ones I can easily find photos of. My mom hates that my little brother and I both have a bunch of tattoos but I really enjoy them.


Frida Kahlo, another woman I admire for her passion and talent. Sorry the photo is a little pixel-y, it was taken on my cell phone. Which by the way, stopped working the other day so I have a loaner phone straight from 1995 and the only ringtones downloaded on it are Nickelback. I swear someone hates me.


This is a Sailor Jerry peacock that I had done in more modern colors. I have a thing for peacocks. They're so beautiful and vibrant.


This is my sugar skull drawn for me by Steve Fuller at Southside Tattoo in Ashland, OR. He is the amazing talent that did all of these tattoos for me. We gave the skull a pop art inspired background so it would fit in with the sun I had done a long time ago.

I always love peoples' expressions when they find out I have tattoos. One of my old bosses didn't even know for about 2 years and then didn't believe me until I showed him. When I got Frida done, my district manager didn't notice her for about a year because I was always wearing cardigans. One day I took off my cardi and he was blown away that I had a tattoo. I guess I don't come across as the tattoo kind but now-a-days it seems like everyone has some ink so I don't think you can really peg someone as a "tattoo type of person" anymore.

11 comments:

  1. haha, no one ever believes me when I tell them I have tatts, too. It's the cardigans, plus we probably look too sweet and innocent to be tatted up. I love your Frida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have tats!! Much to the dismay of my hubs, I have three...yes, me, a Gramma with ink!

    Got my first about 4 years ago and the other two after that; one one each shoulder and one on the back of my neck. All are Celestial and were designed by a friend who owns a fab tattoo studio in Ibor City, Florida.

    I'll have to take pics and post them at some point.

    The Peacock is gorgeous! How long did that take and...how uncomfortable was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have three myself. but i think i'm done. your peacock is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. get it! sounds fantastic!!! i am itching for one too! i usually always get one for my birthday but instead i am finishing up my new bike, so i have to save some $$ so i can get one! i think i need to start drawing it now!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! love love LOVE your tattoos friend! my hubs has tons of them! i am slightly jealous though because i currently have 0 tattoos and i want to get a half sleeve so bad but my HUBS of all people won't let me! ironic huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never guessed you had these either! But that is some beautiful work done there :)1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors of the peacock. I am too indecisive to get a tatoo. I would change my mind every week about what want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love all of those tattoos!!!

    xoxo friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tats. Love, love, love the peacock ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should get I {HEART} SOLANA MEI across your forehead...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty sure I've seen these pics before and probably commented.

    Beautiful ink though!

    People are often shocked that I have tattoos too. Especially when I tell them my boyfriend's a tattoo artist and they look at me and said 'Well why don't YOU have any tattoos?' Because clearly, if they can't see them, they must not be there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)