5.26.2011

Gamers.


Jake and I play video games. That's how we met, it's something we have a lot of fun doing, together and separately. Mainly we play games on the PC but we also have an xbox and an N64. I mean, if you're going to have a gaming system of awesomness, you better have the 64. Anyway, sometimes we like to take it old school and bust out a classic, Rummikub. We played together at a friend's house once and had so much fun we ran right out to the store to pick up our own set and it only cost $5. I was really excited about how inexpensive it was. It's a simple, fun game and it takes a nice amount of time for someone to win. It doesn't take a whole day of your life like Risk or Monopoly. Honestly, I don't think I've ever finished an entire game of Monopoly.

What's your favorite game to play with your honey or family? I love playing Apples to Apples with my family.

Also, I got the coolest gift yesterday. I didn't take any pictures yet because it was raining and windy so hopefully I can show you tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I love Apples to Apples! Scrabble is one of my favorites, and I'm personally a fan of Monopoly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are still really young (6and 3) so the games we play are limited... but they love simple card games and the classics like Candyland. My husband and I love backgammon and scrabble...it is a nice way to relax after the kids are in bed... with a glass of wine in hand. I also like card games like spades when I have friends over.

    Never been much into computer games... The last gaming I did was the Atari 2600.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always really liked Sorry! Monopoly was banned in our house. Too much crying when someone, or me, lost :) We were big card players too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never heard of that game, might need to check it out! i grew up with a house full of gamers! we would play all day and into the night...pretty crazy! the mister and i play too, we have a wii and an old school nintendo! we also have the 64 but we are missing a cable :( sad times....we like to play dominoes a lot, one of our favorite old school games :D

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE games! we are so competitive in our family its scary. i've never heard of that game though i'll have to check it out! not a big fan of monopoly but we like aggravation {card game} and mexican train {domino game} so fun!!! i like playing cranium every once and a while too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dad and i were just talking about rummy cube. we used to play it with the grandparents nonstop. we both have sets but neither of us can remember how to play! you'll have to remind me when you come visit. and somebody's mention of aggravation reminds me that we also had the most amazing wooden board with marbles we used to play at the grandparents...it was my FAVE! these days we love apples to apples and wits and wagers...maybe i'll buy the latter so we can all play in july! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family loves games like Trivial Pursuit and Scattergories. We can get really competitive with Scattergories. I'm not a fan of Monopoly, either, and the game usually stops when someone gets bored.

    Never heard of Rummikub but maybe I should check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hive and scattergories- but the boyfriend is terrible at word games, so a game of scrabble can take 3 hours. :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)