Have I mentioned that I love our new kitchen? Well I do. It makes me so incredibly happy. It's huge, I mean, you could dance in it that's how big it is (and I have). It's yellow which happens to be my favorite color and as opposed to our last kitchen, there is a lot of counter space. It's really nice to work in there.
Right outside is a cute little covered patio area where I'm sure Jake will be grilling this summer. Right now we're storing our old fridge until my dad comes to get it. His fridge has been acting up so we're trading him our fridge for a dryer. I've mentioned before that I've saved up enough for a washer but not the dryer. Now we've got it all worked out so I get my washer and dryer and my dad doesn't have to spend so much money on a new fridge. The one we are giving him is fairly new and in great condition.
There is so much cupboard space in the kitchen. It's awesome. There is room for everything. Every bowl, pot, and spoon has a place. There's even a nice big pantry to store my dry foods. Downstairs in the basement is another room for storing home canned foods.
This is where the table will go once Jake makes it. I can't wait to have a table. When I'm chopping a lot of veggies I prefer to do it sitting down because I'm lazy like that. Right now it's a catch all for empty boxes that need to go to the recycle center. They don't pick up recycling here which makes me kind of sad but that's okay. It's not like it's a long trip to the recycling center. Actually, it's not like it's a long trip anywhere in this town. I'm just happy that there is recycling at all.
That's a DARLING kitchen! I love it. Looks so warm and homey!
ReplyDeleteHey i'm coming from FTLOB's hop today! :) I love the kitchen!!!! is it big enough to put a little island in the middle??? I'm hoping one day ours does... so i don't have to walk from counter to counter, i can just turn around and keep cooking.. haha.. is that lazy?? :) nah... good time mgmt skills ;) Hope you get your table soon that he's making!!!
ReplyDeletexo
Laura
http://whereisthelolo.blogspot.com
I love the kitchen too. It is vintage and modern all at once. Open and cozy, hard to do all at once. And really like the color :)
ReplyDeleteStopped over from FTLOB. Have a great weekend!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/
Your kitchen is gorgeous! I would love to have a kitchen makeover.
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower from Weekend Wander. Nice to meet you! Hope you can stop by and say hi.
Wife on the Roller Coaster
http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com
Really really cute! I jelly for the spaciousness!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend Wandering!
adorable blog you have! I'm following you now from FTLOB weekend wander. I was browsing your blog and saw those cute farmers markets produce bags. I love those - haven't seen anything like that before. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt does look very homey! I agree :) It looks great and I love all the space you have!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Stopping by from FTLOB's Weekend Wander :)
http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com
Jordan, that kitchen is amazing. So homey and spacious. And the storage! To die for. I have yet to find a kitchen that has great storage and spacious. Love apartment living and having to choose between one or the other. Though I am thankful for the pantry I have. Cant wait to see your kitchen complete with dining table, flowers and kitchen decor. I am also loving that random huge open space of shelf by the pantry for those awkwardly large items that never have a place.
ReplyDeleteLovely kitchen! Mine is so small...enjoy all that space:) The yellow makes it so so bright and cheery!
ReplyDeleteI came by from Weekend Wander at FTLOB:)
Too cute!I wish I had that much space.
ReplyDeleteYou could do cartwheels in that kitchen! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower from FTLOB!
http://www.hello-tiffany.com
On my FTLOB weekend wander.....I love the kitchen! And the color suites it perfectly! Sadly dancing is all I would be doing there because I can't cook a thing! Paul, my husband, does all the cooking for fear of what I will make! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteJessica
www.arunnerswife.blogspot.com
Hello there! Cute kitchen!!! I'm stopping by from FTLOB's blog hop today and enjoying looking around at all you've got going on here. What a cute blog!
ReplyDeletehttp://belleofthedesert.blogspot.com
visiting here from FTLOB. I am SWOONING and sighing and loving your kitchen. It looks like a vintage 50s kitchen which I would LOVE to have someday!!!!! Off to look around your lovely blog some more!
ReplyDeletemelody from
melody-mae.blogspot.com
Lovely... I'm so jealous... My kitchen needs a SERIOUS makeover.
ReplyDelete