3.02.2011

Laundry Hell.


Ugh. When Jake's mom moved out and got her own apartment she took the washer and dryer with her, as they were hers. Not having a washer and dryer sucks but we both seem to have a lot of clothes so we kept putting off going to the laundromat. We're moving next week so it was time to take care of our laundry. We took 5 big totes full of dirty clothes, blankets and towels. It ended up being 11 loads of laundry. The laundromat itself wasn't too bad (except for the guy who spent 30 minutes in the men's bathroom and then left the bathroom door wide open). We got Taco Bell and had fun goofing off together.

Everything was hunky dory until we started folding our clothes. One load had weird spots on a few of the items, ruining my favorite hoodie, a tank top, and a few of Jake's shirts. I have no idea where the spots came from since there was nothing that color in the load. A few loads later, everything was tinted light yellow. There wasn't anything yellow in the load. I have no idea where the yellow came from but it ended up ruining even more articles of clothing. So yay, I have to pay to use your machines that ruin my clothes.

It really pissed me off but I tried to just let it slide. At least our laundry is already clean and packed in totes. I've been saving up for a washer and dryer and right now I have enough for one but not both. I might have to use that money to help us move though depending on whether or not we need to rent a U-haul. I'm really hoping it's a not because I am over laundromats. They sucked in college and they suck now.

2 comments:

  1. It stained your clothes?! Maybe someone used bleach in the machine before you? That really sucks. I hate it when I find random bleach spots on garments that I didn't wash with bleach. How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you speed and blessings in your endeavors to procure washing and drying implements!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)