3.06.2011

The Handmade Pledge.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

My sister introduced me to The Handmade Pledge a few years ago and I thought it was time to share it with you. You all know that I am a huge lover of etsy. Well, etsy is one of the 9 groups behind The Handmade Pledge. Basically, all they're asking you to do is purchase handmade gifts rather than mass produced items. They want you to connect with the person you're buying items from, to know who made them, and to be an individual again. You know, not wearing the same exact outfit as the other 100,000 people who also went to that big box store. If you're able to, support artisans and the everyday regular people trying to make an honest dollar with their skills. 

Also, some people find it to be gross but I absolutely love thrifting. You can find amazing items that were gently used and you get to give them a second chance at life. This is also awesome because it saves you from having to purchase that item brand new. Reusing something old is infinitely better for the planet than purchasing something new. Of course, some things can't be helped, like underwear. I definitely wouldn't cross that boundary. 

1 comment:

  1. People who think thrifting is gross are snobs, IMHO. I've gotten so many really nice items from thrift stores :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)