These people spend hours preparing for their shopping excursions. If you have the time and the tenacity, more power to you. They are getting thousands of dollars of food for practically nothing. I like to save a few dollars and I do clip coupons, but I just can't see myself going to this extreme (Jake says he can picture me doing this).
If you're interested in becoming an extreme couponer, howtoshopforfree is a good place to learn the ropes. Even if you don't want to be quite so extreme, she posts links to online coupon sites.
The thing about coupons is that a lot of times people get excited about the prospect of saving money and they use a coupon just because they have it. They end up purchasing something they normally wouldn't have, which means they just ended up spending extra money. I try really hard to only use coupons for things I would normally be purchasing anyway.
I saw that show too! I was amazed! I mean I love finding coupons for things I normally buy, but that was insane. I just don't know how they can go from over $200 to $61! I don't really want to be that extreme (spending my life focused on coupons) but it does make me think that I could save a lot more money if I do my research.
ReplyDeleteNice!!! I'm totally going to use this!! Especially in my situation!
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty amazing. I've seen people do magic with their coupons before, I just always forget them at home when I go shopping.
ReplyDelete