3.14.2011
Bathroom, Part Deux. (said in my best VH1 voice).
So here is the other view I promised. Back in that little nook where the long mirror is, is the toilet. I kind of like that it's back there and you can be in the bathroom without having to see an ugly toilet. Not that it's a particularly ugly toilet, I just think all toilets are ugly. I love my wall art I made last night. It's just a piece of scrapbook paper from Michaels in an Ikea frame.
Also, on an unrelated note, I'm obsessed with this song, Black Betty by Ram Jam. I heard it on the radio on the way to Idaho and it had me seat dancing in my car (which looks completely idiotic). I'd never heard of the song or the band before but it stuck in my head and once we had internet I youtubed it. I really like the song but I think if you're going to listen to it you shouldn't watch the video or it might ruin the song for you. Or watch the video, it's a gloriously awful (awesome!) 70s video.
My favorite parts are the guy in the tank top and J.Lo scarf head wrap thing and the clapping guy dancing in the background. Killer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I've heard that song in a movie before. Great jam!
ReplyDeleteI just read on wikipedia that the guitarist left the band to do interpretive dance. I really hope it was the tank top guy, that would make so much sense.
ReplyDeletelol one day I went on a black betty binge and got every version I could find, there is a pretty good one by ministry and a pretty bad one by Tom Jones among the ones I found.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't know about Hype Machine its a music blog aggregator, where you can sometimes find amazing covers and remixes of songs you like, as well as keeping up to date on newly released music. http://hypem.com/
Black Betty is a great song. I love finding old songs I was never aware of that turn out to be so good. Do stay away from most all older videos. Ive found that it isn't until the 90s that the video began being as important as the song.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I find it amusing that I also have that paper you hung in your bathroom.
love love love the bathroom! so cute.
ReplyDeleteHeh... that song is OUR song (my boyfriend and I) I won't bother telling you why...but...yeah. :-D
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great suggestions, Jen! I make it a rule to avoid Tom Jones in general. He creeps me out.
ReplyDeleteJoy, we just both have great taste. haha. I've noticed that a lot of older videos just have guys with long hair in tights running around in circles with a mic stand while a hot chick sits on the hood of a car.