2.25.2011

Awesome Breakfast Food.


This morning I made these awesome flaxseed bran muffins. I've never been much of a muffin person but Jake really liked them.

Preheat oven to 350.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 T peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
milk of your choice until moist enough
Add any nuts, fruits, choc chips, etc that you'd like (I added craisins)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cook in cupcake pan.

The recipe didn't give a specific amount for milk so I used a little over 1/2 a cup and then added more to the remaining batter that didn't fit in the first batch. I liked them with less milk, Jake liked them with more.


The recipe for Egg Muffins can be found on Kalyn's Kitchen. I love scrambled eggs, in fact, that's the only way I like my eggs cooked (other than hard boiled). These are basically just scrambled eggs but somehow, when baked, they taste even better than regular scrambled eggs. Also, they are in cute little cupcake wrappers, what's not to love?

2 comments:

  1. Umm, those both look super yummy and I haven't eaten yet today. ;-)

    The eggs make me think of tiny, crustless quiches. mmmm yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend sam refers to them as "ghetto quiche" They're really easy to make, you should try it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)