
So I've recently read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Hello, AWESOME! Supposedly they're young adult novels but whatever, they were kick ass. I would definitely say that if you're looking for a quick but completely engrossing read that you should pick these up. The final book just came out yesterday. Anyway, so The Hunger Games are these games devised by the Capitol, who is in power after a huge war in North America, to keep the remaining 12 districts in line. Basically, it's just another one of their devices to maintain their level of oppression. So, each of the 12 districts must send one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to the hunger games, which is a fight to the death in a booby trapped arena where there can be only one victor. A drawing chooses the children who will go. Every child's name is put into the drawing, more slips are put in the older you are. It's completely fucked up but the actual novels are less bloodthirsty than they sound. There's love, friendship, rebellion, etc.
These books can be read in less than a day each. I know when I picked up the first one I just had to read to the end. There was no way I was going to be able to take breaks from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)