7.22.2010

The Last Days of Dogtown.

I recently read The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant. So I don't really know how to describe this book. It's historical fiction set in early 1800s Massachusetts in a very poor, dying town. I didn't dislike it at all but I didn't really love it either. I read it one day when I was bored and enjoyed it, but not immensely. It's the kind of book that was fine to pass the time but I won't remember it in the future. Some reviews have touted it as a great character study. She does do a great job with her characters and I did end up wanting to know the outcome of the main character but it was kind of a depressing book. I've never read the author's other, more popular work The Red Tent which got stellar reviews. So maybe you should try that instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)