2.16.2010

Books Without Shelves.

I realized today while glancing around my room that perhaps it's time to lug my bookcase up the stairs. I have stacks of books everywhere. On the couch, next to the couch, under the couch. On the bed, next to the bed, under the bed. They've taken over my room and multiplied. 
Now that I think about it I should probably just buy a new bookcase. I'm pretty sure the one downstairs is already full to overflowing.
Anybody want to borrow a book? Brooke? I'll mail them to you but you must promise to return them eventually. 

4 comments:

  1. Well, I see one on the bottom that will need to be added to the collection soon...but you won't get it back. And the Safran one...if you're done with it, ship it on over! Or bring it with you when you come visit with mom. We're going to see Wicked, so pick a date....mom's bday is the last day it's playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have space on top of your kitchen cupboards? We had books in ever crack in the house, we almost had to eat them. We realized we had space up there, and it looks pretty cool, too. Just a thought!

    Cheers,
    Devrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't at this house but I did in my last apartment and I never even thought about that, it'd be really cute and I didn't have anything up there anyway except for extra mason jars. My problem is that whenever I see a used bookstore something makes me stop and go in and I always end up buying two or three or six books. I just love used and library books, that they're being recycled to someone else who will gain from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love used books too. There is something thrilling to knowing that another human poured her thoughts into something, and that something keeps on moving from brain to brain.

    I can't help but walk out of a used book store with at least four books either.

    Cheers!
    Dev

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like rainbows and sunshine with a few unicorns added in. Thanks for leaving one. :)